The Wagz team has been hard at work. We have released a few updates last week that we are excited to tell you about.
November 2 Product Announcement
We wanted to say thank you to all our customers who have provided feedback on the Freedom Collar, whether it is in our Customer Satisfaction Survey, in an online review, or by calling customer support. Your feedback is so important to us; it helps our team prioritize our product development efforts, gives us the opportunity to provide you with any support you might need, and allows us to share tips to optimize your experience. Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com , we are here to help!
Over this past month, we’ve made some really meaningful performance improvements, and have also added a few cool new features. Take a look below to see what’s new!
Collar Software. v1.10 and v1.11
- The initial establishment of a cellular connection now happens faster.
- Adding/removing a Wi-Fi network takes effect faster in the UI.
- Geofence corrections will no longer be issued if the geofence that was violated is very far away (~160 meters, far enough away that the dog can’t obey the corrections).
- Addition of a new feature where you can set geofences to automatically be disabled when your collar is on Wi-Fi, turning them back on automatically to keep your dog safe when he leaves Wi-Fi range. You can enable this feature from the Settings menu on your pet's dashboard card of the Wagz App.
iOS App. V1.0.54 & 1.0.55
- A new feature intended to support dog owners if their dog runs away; the Wagz App can create a useful Lost Dog poster that can be shared with contacts or posted online.
- Pet location screen now shows if the collar is connected to a Wi-Fi network, and which one
- Optimized reporting of GPS status and timestamp when the collar is in its low-power idle state
- Some helpful tips when you don't have a GPS signal
- Various bug fixes and improvements to app performance
Android App. v1.0.21 (9577):
- Addition of a new Metrics screen that shows some useful stats for how your pet is doing. Includes a breakdown of the Health & Happiness Score. Dogs are social animals; knowing this, we’ve also including tracking of Companion Time for when your pet is near you. Discover this and more by tapping on the metrics icon on your pet’s dashboard card.
- A fix for the critical issue where some users were having trouble maintaining a Bluetooth connection between their Android phone and their Freedom Collar.
- Optimized reporting of GPS status and timestamp when the collar is in its low-power idle state, as well as some helpful tips when you don't have a GPS signal
- Addition of a new Pet Profiles screen where users can adjust the order of their pets.
- Various bug fixes and improvements to app performance, with a focus on Geofences and Walks
We are continually updating our collar to add new features and improve its performance. If you have suggestions of what we should work on next, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!
Your collar will receive firmware updates automatically. You may want to make sure your phone is set to automatically update our App whenever a new feature or version is available. Here’s how!
How to Update Apps Automatically on iOS
- Open “Settings”
- Scroll down until you get to “App Store”, open that
- Tap the toggle next to “App Updates” so that it shows green
How to Update Apps Automatically on Android
- Open the “Google Play Store” app
- At the top right, tap your profile icon
- Tap ”Settings”, then “Network Preferences”, then “Auto-update apps”
- Select either:
- Over any network
- Over Wi-Fi only