Treats are not being ejected/dispensing from my Petzi. What could be wrong?
There are a few things that may cause your Petzi to stop dispensing treats. Here are the most common causes and their fixes:
● Treats are stuck in the dispenser - Check your dispenser! Does the ejector push back and spring forward normally? Make sure to clear any treats or debris that may be lodged behind the ejector and try again!
● The ejection motor is not functioning properly - If you have determined that it is not due to treats being stuck, empty your Petzi of all treats and select “Dispense” in your Petzi App. While your Petzi is trying to dispense (no treats), do you hear the motor running? Do you see the dispensing wheel spinning? If either of these functions are not working, please contact us at 1-844-252-3140.
● Spring has come disconnected - If you have a “Grabby Tabby” who likes to go fishing for their own treats from your Petzi, it is possible for them to snag the spring and disconnect it. This will prevent your Petzi from being able to dispense treats. If this is the case, please contact our support team at 1-844-252-3140 for assistance.
Why are treats coming out if I shake my phone?
This is a feature on the Petzi App! Instead of pressing the bone icon, you can simply shake your phone and treats will be dispensed to your pet!
I started a video session, but I don’t think my pet can hear me. How do I make sure the microphone is working?
Prior to using the microphone feature on your Petzi, please make sure you have the microphone enabled in your general phone settings!
● If you are using an iPhone, you will need to do the following: Settings-->Privacy-->Microphone-->Toggle "on" for Petzi App
● If you are using an Android phone, you will need to grant permissions by doing the following: Settings-->Apps-->Petzi-->Permissions-->Toggle "on" for microphone. Make sure that when you are speaking to your pet, you are holding down on the “Speak” button the whole time! The “Speak” button will get larger when pressed to indicate that it is activated. If your pet still cannot hear you, make sure your volume setting is correct! You can adjust your volume settings by selecting the gear icon in the upper right corner during your video session.
I started a video session, but I cannot hear my pet. How do I turn audio on?
Currently, Petzi only supports one-way audio. While you cannot hear your pet, your pet can hear you when you press the Microphone button and record a short clip.
I am in a video session but the camera is distorted/green, what could be going on?
There are a few reasons why your Petzi video may become distorted and/or green:
● Quality of Petzi connection to router
● Internal home bandwidth
● Be aware that the more devices you have on your network, the more reduced the home’s bandwidth becomes.
● Upload speed
● Some Cable providers that use WiFi to stream, media servers, or home IP cameras that are constantly streaming will interfere.
These issues are typically due to packet loss. If you are having any of these issues, you will want to contact your WiFi Network provider so they can run a diagnostic to help determine where this packet loss is taking place. Quality of phone connection (i.e. cellular data or WiFi connection) may also cause this - in which case it is dependent on your phones connection mode or location while using the app to connect to your Petzi.
What does it mean when my Petzi Camera Light starts blinking?
Your Petzi Camera Light will come on while you are in a video session and will turn off once the session has ended. If the light stays on after the session has ended, turn your Treat Cam off and on (power cycle).
When your Petzi Camera Light is blinking rapidly, this indicates that your device is no longer connected to your WiFi. Make sure to check your router and WiFi connection to make sure it is still up and running!
After a WiFi reset and when you initially set up your Petzi, the camera light will blink once/second which indicates you need to connect to your Wi-Fi! If you see occasional blinks or rapid blinking, this will indicate that your Petzi software is being updated!
Google has changed some WiFi security features in Android 6.0 and above that may affect setting up a new Petzi Treat Cam. Please be aware of the following:
● Location Services must be enabled during setup - During setup, the Petzi App for Android automatically finds the Petzi_XXXX WiFi name of the Treat Cam. In Android 6.0 and above, location services MUST be enabled for this to work. Once your Treat Cam is setup and you have your first session, you can disable location services.
● Cellular Data may need to be disabled during setup - During setup, you must disable Cellular Data to setup the camera properly. To do that, go to your Android Settings, select "Connections", then "Data Usage", then turn "Mobile Data" to the OFF position (gray, as opposed to blue). Once your Treat Cam is setup, you can turn your cellular data back on.
● Turn off Power Save Mode during setup - During setup, the App may report "Enable WiFi on your phone". On some Android phones, this incorrect message is due to Power Save Mode being enabled. Once your Treat Cam is setup and you have your first session, you can re-enable Power Save Mode.
● Android 6 and above may disable Petzi_XXXX - Android 6 will permanently ignore WiFi networks that are not connected to the Internet. A Petzi Treat Cam that has not been setup displays this behavior. After 2 or 3 setup failures, you will not be able to setup until you do the following:
1. Go to your WiFi Settings
2. Connect to Petzi_XXXX. (You may notice a message that says that it is not connected to the Internet.)
3. Tap on the Petzi_XXXX name, you will have the option to "Forget" the network.
● Router Issues - We are collecting known router incompatibilities with all versions. Please let us know the make and model of your WiFi router when you contact us. We may know some minor setting changes you need to make to get connected.
● Get connected with a non-Android device - If none of the above suggestions work, setup your Treat Cam with another make and model of phone running Android or iOS. Once the camera is setup on your account, your Android phone (and any device that logs in with the same email/password) will be able to connect with the camera, treat and talk normally.
I set up my Petzi, but I don’t want to hear the jingle every time I check in on my pet. Can I turn it off?
Absolutely! When you start your video session, a “bell” icon will pop up on the left side of your screen. Under this icon you can select “on” (green) or “off” (black). Once you turn it off, it will remain off during all future video sessions until you turn it back on. .
I have been taking a lot of pictures of my pet! How do I share them?
The Petzi App uses the camera on your smartphone and will be saved in your Photo Album. You can either share them directly from the Petzi App or your Camera Roll.
I’m trying to share a picture from my Petzi App but the App keeps exiting. Why?
An update will be coming soon to fix this bug. At this time, iOS users may not be able to share their Petzi Photo’s directly from the App. You can still share the photo from your Camera Roll by selecting “Save For Later”.