1. Download and Install the free Wagz App in the Apple Store!
2. Create a new account
- Open the Wagz app after installing and select “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” on the Sign in page
- Fill in all required fields (i.e., First and Last Name, Email address, Password) and check off of the checkbox to agree with the Terms and Conditions and Submit
- Check your email inbox (or spam if you are using a yahoo or hotmail) for the Wagz support email to validate and confirm your account by selecting the link provided
- Selecting the link will redirect you to the app and will prompt you to put in your password
3. Preparing your Wagz Collar for activation
- Plug in Wagz Collar with a standard USB-C cable into charging port and into a standard outlet.
- Wait for the LED lights on the collar to turn solid GREEN (This will take about 12 seconds). This indicates that the collar is booting up.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute or until the Solid GREEN lights begin blinking (signaling that the collar is charging) and the Wagz logo light turns solid BLUE
At this time, allow your collar to charge fully. A full charge will be indicated by solid GREEN lights on both ends of the collar when plugged in. The Wagz logo light will continue to be BLUE if the collar is on.
4. Activating your Wagz Collar
-Once logged in and authenticated the user will be directed to the Dashboard screen. Here a list of first time user experience cards are shown as well as promotional material under ALL ACTIVITY.
In the top left-hand navigation bar there is a menu item that when tapped will pull out a drawer menu. Tap the left hand menu button. This will reveal the drawer menu with a list of options.
With the drawer menu open, select the the Connected Devices menu item.
This will then display the Connected Devices list screen and the option to add (+) a new device.In the top right of the navigation bar, tap the plus sign (+).
Tapping the plus sign will then begin the process for adding your device.
The Device Setup screen will be presented with a list of Wagz compatible devices. In this case we want to onboard a Wagz collar. Tap the Collar icon.
**At this stage make sure a Wagz collar is charged and also awake. The Wagz collar saves power by going to sleep after 60 seconds. To ensure a clean onboard experience move the collar up-down-left-right to be sure it is awake and then tap the collar button. The collar will be blinking blue as it advertises over BLE.
With the Wagz collar selected, tap the SCAN FOR DEVICES button at the bottom of the screen to initiate the BLE scanning. A sniffing dog animation will start as the Wagz collar is scanned over BLE.
In the above example three collars are shown, with the serial numbers. In a more typical case items such as:
Tap the row that identifies the Wagz collar that is currently being added to the account.
With the correct row selected for the Wagz collar being onboarded, tap SETUP WIFI.
Tip: It is better to add one collar at a time to an account. If multiple collars are being added at one time you may need to move to a different room to narrow down the collar collection.