How to Set Up Your Petzi on Android
Visual Guide is included at the bottom
Before starting, please make sure to have the following:
- Petzi App downloaded and signed in with your new or existing Petzi Account
- Petzi Treat Cam plugged in
- Petzi Treat Cam Light blinking once per second
1. Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If it is not you will receive a "Wi-Fi not enabled! Please enable the Wi-Fi on your phone to proceed" notification.
In order to enable your Wi-Fi, exit the app and find Settings. The Settings App will have a Gear Icon.
2. Once you are in your Settings, you’ll need to find and select Connections or Network & Internet.
- On this page you will see Wi-Fi as one of the options. You’ll notice that the toggle switch is flipped to the left. This indicates that your Wi Fi is off. Simply press the button and it will toggle to the right and the color will change from gray to blue.
If your phone recognizes your Wi-Fi network and automatically connects, you won’t need to do anything more.
If it does not, you should see the name of your network under the word "Wi Fi". If you do not see a network name, you are most likely still not connected.
- Select the word ‘Wi Fi’ and you will be redirected to a list of current and available Networks. Scroll down the available Networks until you see your network. Select it and you will then be prompted to put in the password.
Once you have successfully been connected to your network, return back to the Petzi app.
When connecting to your WiFi network during the Set Up process of your Petzi, please make sure your phone is connected to your 2.4G network, not your 5G network.
3. Once you are back in the Petzi App, select the Menu button located on the upper left side. Select the Petzi Treat Cam option and you will receive a notification that says "Plug in your Petzi Treat cam to an AC outlet, wait for the camera LED to flash, then hit CONTINUE"
- Select the outlined "CONTINUE" button at the bottom of the screen
4. Your phone will then scan for your Petzi Treat Cam
If your Petzi Treat Cam has been found:
5. You will receive a notification that says "Please turn off Cellular Data. Click Go to Settings and turn off the Cellular data during the setup. Use the back button to get back to the App".Select ‘Go to Settings’. The app should redirect you to your Settings so that you can disable your data.
- Just like with the Wi-Fi toggle button, if it is switched to the right with the blue coloring, that means your data is enabled.
In order to turn your data off, simply press the toggle button. A message will pop up, prompting you to confirm that you want to turn your data off. Select ‘TURN OFF’ or ‘OK’
Once you have selected ‘TURN OFF’ or ‘OK’, return to the Petzi app and you see a screen that says "We've found a Petzi Treat Cam and it's ready to set up!"
6. Select "LET'S START" located at the bottom of the screen.
If your Petzi Treat Cam has not been found:
Check to see that you Petzi is connected on your Wi-Fi settings. In order to do this, you will go back to your Setting page and into your Wi-Fi setup.
Your Pezi should appear in the Available Networks. If you do not see it immediately, re-scan until you see it appear, once you do, select it in order to connect to it.
Once it is successfully connected, return to the app and follow the same exact steps provided above under “If your Petzi Treat Cam has been found”
7. You will now be prompted to name your Petzi Treat Cam
8. After naming your Petzi, select "CONTINUE", this will bring you to the "Connect your Petzi Treat Cam to a Wi-Fi network" page.
Select the 2.4G network that your phone is connected to and enter your WiFi password.
After you have filled in this information select ‘CONTINUE’ and you will see your Petzi Treat Cam being connected to your Wi-Fi network
9. After it has connected, your Petzi Treat Cam will look for any firmware updates.
- Between connecting your Petzi Treat Cam and and checking for updates, the entire process can up to a minute.
10. When updates have been completed you may be prompted to turn your data back on. Just like before, select ‘Go to Settings’ and switch the toggle to the right to turn it back on and then return to your app.
You should now be all set to use your Petzi Treat Cam! Happy treating!