Q: I’ve set up my Petzi Treat Cam, but it’s not working. What is going on?
A: There are a few things that may be happening if your Petzi Treat Cam is not working after set up. Any issues you come across is typically due to a WiFi Router Setting or a networking issue. Here are the most common problem and their fixes:
- Distance - Make sure the set up process for your Petzi is done in the same room as your Wifi Router. You can move it after it is set up, it will just help with the connectivity!
- WiFi Mode - Your Petzi WiFi Chip supports B, G and N Wireless routers (not AC Wireless Routers)
- WiFi Security - Your Petzi requires WPA2-AES Security. Mixed modes, such as WPA/WPA2 or TKIP-AES are also supported, however this may slow down your WiFi.
- SetUp Mode - Your Petzi Treat Cam will flash once per second when it is in SetUp Mode. Once you see these flashes, your Petzi device will be available in your WiFi List on your smartphone. If it does not show up here, please reset your Petzi.
- WiFi Router - If your router is 5 years or older, it may not support some of the features that Petzi requires for the setup process.
Q: I purchased a Petzi for my office at work, how do I get it set up?
A: We recommend that you talk to your company’s IT department first to see if they can assist you with connecting your Petzi to the WiFi at your office. Work-place WiFi networks typically have extra security that may prevent you from being able to add your Petzi to the network. Petzi Treat Cams are designed for in-home use.