Let us help answer some of our more frequently asked questions. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to our team of Dog Nerds, we are always here to help you and your fluffy family members!
Q: What is a Geofence?
A GeoFence is a dedicated area that you create for your dog to travel within. If your dog wanders out of the GeoFence Zone(s), you will be alerted.
Q: How do I create a Geofence?
- Once you are logged into your Wagz App, select the menu in the top left corner.
- Select "Geofences" in the menu.
- Select the "+" symbol in the top right corner to create your geofence.
- Start creating your Zone by entering the address you wish to locate or by using your current location to navigate on the map.
- Select "Next" once you have found your location. Some users prefer to use the satellite map while drawing their geofence. You can do this by selecting the map icon in the upper right hand corner.
- To create your geofence, start by tapping the edge of the desired zone, a blue dot will appear where you tapped. You can create any shape as long as you close the geofence by tapping the blue dot you started on. Please note that your geofence lines cannot cross.
- Once you have created your geofence, you will select "Next" in the upper right hand corner.
- You must name your geofence prior to assigning it to a dog and saving your geofence.
- After naming your geofence, you can assign it to any dog(s) associated with your account and elect to receive notifications and/or use corrections if your dog exits the geofence zone.